For the first time, I was all by myself for Christmas. No parents or kids, just three rotten cats who had puked all over the house and violated my apple pie. The boy was off with his dad, the girl - well, who knows where the girl was. I feel bad that I don't feel bad about her not being around, but I have to admit life has been more peaceful these last six months, especially when it seemed she was not going to try to break into the house. I even contemplate whether I can remove the chain lock on my bedroom door that would keep her from getting in if she jimmied the knob lock. I know she still frequents the neighborhood, probably still stealing metal from the abandoned naval center. I still keep the doors locked at all times and the windows locked or prevented from opening far enough to crawl in. She has no compunctions about slitting a screen, probably not for breaking a window either, but so far she has refrained.
Unlike most of humanity, I like being alone, although it was a little dull. I'm preparing to yarnbomb the library (with their permission, so it's not any kind of artistic anarchy) so I was cranking out pieces made with random unwanted yarn that will fit around various structures, and wishing I had planned ahead with Netflix to have something good to watch. I considered watching something through the computer, but they want to download a Microsoft program and I'm not sure I want or can use that on my Mac. I finished "The Age of Innocence" (book) on the Kindle and downloaded Storm Front by Jim Butcher at the boy's recommendation. Reminds me of the Laurel K. Hamilton books, both the Anita Blake and faerie series. The boy hasn't read them, so he thinks this is original. I'll bet he'd like to, once he finds out how detailed the Hamilton sex scenes are.
The ex gave the boy a huge HD TV for Christmas. I told him he's responsible for removing the old one, but boy and I both think he's not going to follow through, dick that he is. I e-mailed to ask him specifically to help with lifting the old one and the new one, so we'll see what happens. Boy returns home today, maybe I can get him to undress the tree and pack it away before he heads out with friends. I really need to get him in the car - I told him I wouldn't take him for his driver's test again until he has at least 25 hours under his belt. At 10 minutes at a time before he starts to freak out, that will take a while. Maybe summer. I could really use another driver in the house. If he's not driving that car it doesn't make sense for me to keep it any pay for insurance, especially since I'm still paying to insure the girl, but he doesn't want me to get rid of it.
I started thinking about the dollhouse again, now that it's winter and I don't have any current yarn projects that have deadlines. I'm going through the rooms and making lists of what each one needs to look more complete/realistic. The problem is getting myself to start the projects.
Nearly 2012. Time to make lists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment